Monday, November 14, 2011

The Horror Movie Blog Experiment




Does any one else feel things are over saturated on the Internet?  You can Google (...or Bing if you swing that way) any topic and usually find hundreds of results and get so much information. Of course most of it may not be true or relevant, especially when it comes to movie reviews or movie info. You can find almost any-one's opinion on movies theses days thanks to blogging. Well I’m here to not really solve anything with that issue, probably just to add to it.

What I want to try and do is specialize in horror movies. Whats going to make me more appealing than other horror related blogs? I don’t know yet. To be honest I’m not usually that much of a writer but this is something I want to try really to keep me watching more movies. I’m thinking what I can offer is the standard reviews on new movies that I see (mostly horror, but maybe not always). I’ll try and do movie recommendations based on the time of year or my mood. I also want to start my list of shame.


I hide my list of shame with Ellen Sandweiss, but I think they're both about to bust out!

What might make my take on horror films is firstly that I studied film. So I can look at things with a keen eye towards the technical end of things. Also, I’m relatively new to the genre. I have been lots of horror for the last 5 years. Before than I was admittedly freaked out by horror films for many years thanks to a couple bad experiences when I was a younger tyke...I’ll discuss those later.. So even though I have seen a lot I know I have a lot that I haven’t seen and need to see. That's where my list of shame comes up.

I’ll scour the net for a definitive list of the best 100 films and mark off the ones I have seen and start to go through all the films I probably should have seen by now and try and give me new perspective for them.

Does this sound good? Lets get this stuff start right with some discussion. Some of you may not like horror films as much well express it. Try and keep up with my recommendations if it sounds like something you  might be interested in. Any ideas of things you guys might like to see me try out.

**Please note that I have written the first few entries a couple weeks ago so when I started the blog so I wouldn't have a gap in material**

No comments:

Post a Comment